The following matter be referred to the Environment and Communications References Committee for inquiry and report by 1 December 2016:
The response to, and lessons learnt from, recent fires in remote Tasmanian wilderness affecting the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area, with particular reference to:
- the impact of global warming on fire frequency and magnitude;
- the availability and provisions of financial, human and mechanical resources;
- the adequacy of fire assessment and modelling capacity;
- Australia’s obligations as State Party to the World Heritage Convention;
- world best practice in remote area fire management; and
- any related matter.