The implications of climate change for Australia’s national security with particular reference to:
- the threats and long-term risks posed by climate change to national security and international security, including those canvassed in the National security implications of climate-related risks and a changing climate report by the United States Department of Defense;
- the role of both humanitarian and military response in addressing climate change, and the means by which these responses are implemented;
- the capacity and preparedness of Australia’s relevant national security agencies to respond to climate change risks in our region;
- the role of Australia’s overseas development assistance in climate change mitigation and adaptation more broadly;
- the role of climate mitigation policies in reducing national security risks; and
- any other related matters.