The operation, effectiveness, and consequences of the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability (Location of Corporate Commonwealth Entities) Order 2016, with particular reference to:
- the process leading to the making of the order,
- the policy of relocating corporate Commonwealth entities with agricultural policy or regulatory responsibilities, including:
- the identity of corporate Commonwealth entities that could be affected;
- the policy’s effect on the ability of affected entities to perform their functions; and
- economic, environmental and capability implications of the policy;
- the application of this policy to the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority, including:
- the plan for relocation;
- the ability of the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority to perform its functions from its new location, and any consequent risks to:
- human and animal health;
- productivity and profitability to the agriculture and fisheries sectors;
- chemical industries; and
- Australia’s trading reputation;
- any other related matters.
Submission closing date is 10 March 2017. The report is due to be tabled on 9 May 2017. On 9 May 2017, the Senate granted an extension of time for reporting until 9 June 2017.