On 16 August 2017, the following matter was referred to Finance and Public Administration References Committee for inquiry and report by 4 December 2017:
Digital delivery of government services, with particular reference to:
- whether planned and existing programs are able to digitally deliver services with due regard for:
- quality and reliability, and
- value for money;
- strategies for whole of government digital transformation;
- digital project delivery, including:
- project governance,
- design and build of platforms,
- the adequacy of available capabilities both within the public sector and externally, and
- procurement of digital services and equipment; and
- any other related matters.
The committee have agreed to accept submissions until 22 December 2017. The report is due to be tabled on 4 December 2017.
On 13 November 2017, the Senate granted an extension of time for reporting until 20 March 2018.
On 12 February 2018, the Senate granted a further extension of time to report to 14 May 2018.