On 3 September 2020, the Senate referred the following matters to the Senate Finance and Public Administration Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 8 December 2020. On 13 November 2020, the reporting date was extended to 11 March 2021.
The operation and management of the Department of Parliamentary Services, with particular reference to:
- workplace culture;
- building and asset management;
- contract and procurement management;
- general operations and management;
- business continuity arrangements;
- security arrangements;
- services to parliamentarians;
- the Parliamentary Library;
- implementation of recommendations from past inquiries; and
- any related matters.