On 2 February 2016, the Senate referred the following matter to the Economics References Committee for inquiry and report by 22 June 2016:
Carbon risk disclosure in regard to:
- current and emerging international carbon risk disclosure frameworks;
- current carbon risk disclosure practices within corporate Australia;
- Australian involvement in the G20 Financial Stability Board discussions on carbon risk impacts for financial stability;
- current regulatory and policy oversight of carbon risk disclosure across government agencies; and
- any other related matters.