On 9 May 2018 the Senate agreed that all bills introduced into the House of Representatives after 10 May 2018 and up to and including 31 May 2018 that contain substantive provisions commencing on or before 1 July 2018 are referred to committees for inquiry and report by 18 June 2018.
On 24 May 2018, the Senate referred the provisions of the Treasury Laws Amendment (Tax Integrity and Other Measures No. 2) Bill 2018 to the Economics Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 18 June 2018.
Written submissions can address the bill in whole or in part. The bill contains 5 schedules:
- Schedule 1—OECD Hybrid Mismatch Rules
- Schedule 2—Other effects of foreign income tax deductions
- Schedule 3—Strengthening the integrity of the film producer offset
- Schedule 4—Income tax and withholding exemptions for the ICC World Twenty20
- Schedule 5—Deductible gift recipients
The committee is particularly interested in receiving submissions that relate to Schedule 3—Strengthening the integrity of the film producer offset.
Submissions closed on 8 June 2018.