Where to get help

The committee recognises that this inquiry will consider matters which could be distressing for some persons. Persons interested in the inquiry who are seeking support or information about mental health services are able to contact a number of organisations including:

State and territory government websites also include information on the mental health services available in each state and territory:


New South Wales

Northern Territory


South Australia



Western Australia

The website healthdirect Australia contains further information on where to get help and includes a comprehensive list of mental health helplines.

Committee Secretariat contact:

Committee Secretary
Senate Standing Committees on Community Affairs
PO Box 6100
Parliament House
Canberra ACT 2600

Phone: +61 2 6277 3515