The following matters be referred to the Education and Employment References Committee for inquiry and report by 17 March 2015:
- the principles of the Higher Education and Research Reform Bill 2014;
- alternatives to deregulation in order to maintain a sustainable higher education system;
- the latest data and projections on student enrolments, targets, dropout rates and the Higher Education Loans Program;
- structural adjustment pressures, and the adequacy of proposed measures to sustain high quality delivery of higher education in Australia’s regions;
- the appropriateness and accuracy of government advertising in support of higher education measures, including those previously rejected by the Senate;
- research infrastructure; and
- any other related matters.