Terms of Reference
As part of the committee's role to inquire into the implementation, performance and governance of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), the committee will inquire into and report on market readiness for provision of services under the NDIS, with particular reference to:
- the transition to a market based system for service providers;
- participant readiness to navigate new markets;
- the development of the disability workforce to support the emerging market;
- the impact of pricing on the development of the market;
- the role of the NDIA as a market steward;
- market intervention options to address thin markets, including in remote Indigenous communities;
- the provision of housing options for people with disability, with particular reference to the impact of Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) supports on the disability housing market;
- the impact of the Quality and Safeguarding Framework on the development of the market;
- provider of last resort arrangements, including for crisis accommodation; and
- any other related matters.
The joint committee to report by 23 August 2018.
The committee calls for submissions on the market readiness for provision of services under the NDIS.
The closing date for submissions is 22 February 2018.