As part of the committee’s role to inquire into the implementation, performance and governance of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), the committee will inquire into and report on NDIS Planning, with particular reference to:
- the experience, expertise and qualifications of planners;
- the ability of planners to understand and address complex needs;
- the ongoing training and professional development of planners;
- the overall number of planners relative to the demand for plans;
- participant involvement in planning processes and the efficacy of introducing draft plans;
- the incidence, severity and impact of plan gaps;
- the reassessment process, including the incidence and impact of funding changes;
- the review process and means to streamline it;
- the incidence of appeals to the AAT and possible measures to reduce the number;
- the circumstances in which plans could be automatically rolled-over;
- the circumstances in which longer plans could be introduced;
- the adequacy of the planning process for rural and regional participants; and
- any other related matters.
Submission closing date is 6 September 2019.