The Committee will consider the following issues during its inquiry:
- the nature of Australia's existing trade and investment relationships with countries of the region;
- emerging and possible future trends in these relationships;
- barriers and impediments to trade and investment with Middle Eastern countries for Australian businesses, including examination of supply chain costs;
- opportunities for deepening existing commercial and cultural links, and developing new ones, with the countries of the Middle East; and
- the role of government, including DFAT and Austrade, in identifying new opportunities and assisting Australian companies to access existing and potential opportunities in the Middle East.