On 4 June 2020, the House Standing Committee on Social Policy and Legal Affairs adopted an inquiry into family, domestic and sexual violence. The inquiry was referred by the Minister for Women, Senator the Hon Marise Payne, and the Minister for Families and Social Services, Senator the Hon Anne Ruston.
The Committee published its report on 1 April 2021.
The Committee thanks the many organisations and individuals who contributed evidence throughout the inquiry. In particular, the Committee acknowledges the contributions made by victim-survivors who shared their experiences with the Committee.
Please be aware that the Committee is unable to intervene or provide advice in relation to individual circumstances. If you are in immediate danger, please contact 000. If you or someone you know needs help, please contact one of the services below:
• 1800RESPECT - 1800 737 732
• Lifeline - 131 114
• MensLine Australia - 1300 789 978
• Men’s Referral Service - 1300 766 491
• Kids Helpline - 1800 55 1800
• Relationships Australia - 1300 364 277
• Help is Here - www.australia.gov.au/dvsupport