About the Committee
The Committee of Privileges and Members' Interests is appointed to:
- inquire into and report on complaints of breach of privilege or contempt which may be referred to it by the House under standing order 51 (PDF 18KB) or by the Speaker under standing order 52, (PDF 18KB) or any or related matter referred to it by or in accordance with a resolution of the House; and
- inquire into and report on the arrangements made for the compilation, maintenance and accessibility of a Register of Members' Interests;
- consider proposals by Members and others on the form and content of the Register of Members' Interests;
- consider specific complaints about registering or declaring interests;
- consider possible changes to any code of conduct adopted by the House; and
- consider whether specified persons (other than Members) ought to be required to register and declare their interests.
See Role of the Committee for more information.
Members' statements of interests
Members' statements in relation to citizenship