- That a select committee, to be known as the Select Committee on the effectiveness of the Australian Government’s Northern Australia agenda, be established to inquire into and report on the effectiveness of the objectives, design, implementation and evaluation of the Australian Government’s Northern Australia agenda, with particular reference to:
- facilitation of public and private investment in infrastructure and economic development;
- economic and social benefit arising from that investment for Northern Australians, in particular First Nations people;
- funding models and policy measures that capture the full value of existing and emerging industries;
- measures taken to develop an appropriately skilled workforce;
- emerging national and international trends and their impact on the Northern Australia agenda; and
- any related matters.
Journals of the Senate No. 3 - Thursday, 4 July 2019