Opportunities for strengthening Australia’s relations with the Republic of France, with particular reference to:
- increasing bilateral trade and investment, including future growth areas for exports and imports, and opportunities in the mining industry;
- enhancing political, security and defence cooperation, including through initiatives such as the Joint Statement of Enhanced Strategic Partnership between Australia and France signed in 2017, and the Strategic Partnering Agreement signed in 2018 for the Future Submarine Program;
- options for enhancing strategic cooperation, including in the Indo-Pacific region and through multilateral fora;
- Australian engagement with intergovernmental organisations headquartered in France including the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO);
- opportunities to build on shared historical and cultural values and promote tourism, with specific reference to Commonwealth War Graves, cultural exchanges and people-to-people ties; and
- any related matters.