Inquire into and report on the following matters:
- the potential economic, environmental and social benefits of widespread electric vehicle uptake in Australia;
- opportunities for electric vehicle manufacturing and electric vehicle supply and value chain services in Australia, and related economic benefits;
- measures to support the acceleration of electric vehicle uptake;
- measures to attract electric vehicle manufacturing and electric vehicle supply and value chain manufacturing to Australia;
- how federal, state and territory Governments could work together to support electric vehicle uptake and manufacturing, supply, and value chain activities; and
- any other related matters.
The resolution establishing the Committee is available in the Journals of the Senate of 27 June 2018.