The future of rugby union in Australia, with particular reference to:
- the Australian Rugby Union Board deliberations leading to the decision to reduce Australian teams from five to four in the national competition;
- whether there continues to be a truly national rugby union footprint in Australia;
- the role of national and state-based bodies in encouraging greater national participation in rugby union;
- the corporate governance arrangements and composition of national and state-based rugby union bodies, including community representation on those bodies;
- the impact of the decision to reduce the number of Australian teams on national participation in rugby union; and
- any other related matters.