The Joint Committee of Public Accounts and Audit (JCPAA) will inquire into and report on Commonwealth grants administration with a view to strengthening the integrity and administration of grants.
The inquiry will have particular regard to:
- The status of recommendations included in the JCPAA’s Report 484 The Administration of Government Grants
- Any matters contained in or connected with the following Auditor-General's Reports:
- Equity, decision-making and matters relating to the allocation of funding under the following grant programs:
- Urban Congestion Fund
- Regional Growth Fund
- Modern Manufacturing Initiative
- Possible changes to the Commonwealth Grants Rules and Guidelines.