The Joint Committee of Public Accounts and Audit is conducting an inquiry into Commonwealth procurement, with a view to improving the culture of how procurement rules and guidelines are implemented across the Australian Public Service. The inquiry will have a particular focus on the matters contained in and associated with the following Auditor-General Reports:
- No. 6 (2021-22) Management of the Civil Maritime Surveillance Services Contract
- No. 15 (2021-22) Department of Defence’s Procurement of Six Evolved Cape Class Patrol Boats
- No. 30 (2021-22) Procurement of the National Capital Authority
- No. 42 (2021-22) Procurement of Delivery Partners for the Entrepreneurs’ Programme
- No. 5 (2022-23) Digital Transformation Agency’s Procurement of ICT Related Services
On 12 May 2023, following the publication of the Independent Review of Services Australia and NDIA Procurement and Contracting (the 'Watt review'), the JCPAA adopted a separate inquiry to specifically consider procurement issues arising from the Watt review. The inquiry home page can be found at this link.