The performance of the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC), with particular reference to:
- ASIC's enabling legislation, and whether there are any barriers preventing ASIC from fulfilling its legislative responsibilities and obligations;
- the accountability framework to which ASIC is subject, and whether this needs to be strengthened;
- the workings of ASIC's collaboration, and working relationships, with other regulators and law enforcement bodies;
- ASIC's complaints management policies and practices;
- the protections afforded by ASIC to corporate and private whistleblowers; and
- any related matters.