The impact of health research funding models on the availability of funding for research into cancers with low survival rates, with particular reference to:
- the current National Health and Medical Research Council funding model, which favours funding for types of cancer that attract more non-government funding, and the need to ensure the funding model enables the provision of funding research into brain cancers and other low survival rate cancers;
- the obstacles to running clinical trials for brain cancers and other cancers with relatively lower rates of incidence, with regard to:
- funding models that could better support much-needed clinical trials, and
- funding support for campaigns designed to raise awareness of the need for further research, including clinical trials;
- the low survival rate for brain cancers, lack of significant improvement in survival rates, and strategies that could be implemented to improve survival rates and;
- other relevant matters.