Inquiry into suicide by veterans and ex-service personnel with particular reference to:
- the reasons why Australian veterans are committing suicide at such high rates,
- previous reviews of military compensation arrangements and their failings,
- the Repatriation Medical Authority’s Statements of Principles, claims administration time limits, claims for detriment caused by defective administration, authorised medical treatment, level of compensation payments, including defence abuse, as contained in all military compensation arrangements,
- to investigate the progress of reforms within DVA,
- the administration of claims by DVA and the legislative or other constraints on effective rehabilitation and compensation for veterans, and
- any other related matters.