On 24 March 2015 the Senate referred the following matter for inquiry and report by 10 August 2015.
Regulation of the fin-fish aquaculture industry in Tasmania, with particular regard to:
- the adequacy and availability of data on waterway health;
- the impact on waterway health, including to threatened and endangered species;
- the adequacy of current environmental planning and regulatory mechanisms;
- the interaction of state and federal laws and regulation;
- the economic impacts and employment profile of the industry; and
- any other relevant matters.