Terms of reference
- The principles of the Government’s higher
- The effect of these proposals upon
sustainability, quality, equity and diversity in teaching and research at
universities, with particular reference to:
- The financial impact on students, including merit selection,
income support and international comparisons,
- The financial impact on universities, including the impact of the
Commonwealth Grants Scheme, the differential impact of fee deregulation, the
expansion of full fee places and comparable international levels of government
- The provision of fully funded university places, including
provision for labour market needs, skill shortages and regional equity, and the
impact of the ‘learning entitlement’.
- The implications of such proposals on the
sustainability of research and research training in public research agencies.
- The effect of this package on the relationship
between the Commonwealth, the States and universities, including issues of
institutional autonomy, governance, academic freedom and industrial relations.
- Alternative policy and funding options for the
higher education and public research sectors.
Navigation: Previous Page | Contents | Next Page