On 28 September 2022 the Senate established a select committee, to be known as the Select Committee on the Cost of Living, to inquire into and report on:
- the cost of living pressures facing Australians;
- the Government’s fiscal policy response to the cost of living;
- ways to ease cost of living pressures through the tax and transfer system;
- measures to ease the cost of living through the provision of Government services; and
- any other related matter.
The submission closing date is 10 March 2023.
The reporting date is 30 November 2023.