The inconsistencies and inadequacies of current criminal, civil and administrative penalties for corporate and financial misconduct or white-collar crime, with particular reference to:
- evidentiary standards across various acts and instruments;
- the use and duration of custodial sentences;
- the use and duration of banning orders;
- the value of fine and other monetary penalties, particularly in proportion to the amount of wrongful gains;
- the availability and use of mechanisms to recover wrongful gains;
- penalties used in other countries, particularly members of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development [OECD]; and
- any other relevant matters.