The structure and development of forestry managed investment schemes (MIS), including:
- the motivation and drivers that established the framework for the schemes initially;
- the role of governments in administering and regulating forestry MIS;
- the current policy and regulatory framework of forestry MIS;
- the role of some in the financial services industry in promoting and selling forestry MIS;
- compensation arrangements for small investors in forestry MTS who have lost life savings and their homes in the face of the collapse of forestry MIS;
- the burden on farmers and other agricultural producers who have been left with the uncertainty of timber plantations linked to forestry MIS on their land;
- the options for reforming forestry MIS to protect investors and rural communities; and
- any other related matters.
The committee resolved that under term of reference (h) it would accept submissions that deal with agricultural MIS.