Terms of Reference
- the prevalence of different types of speech, language and communication disorders and swallowing difficulties in Australia;
- the incidence of these disorders by demographic group (paediatric, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities);
- the availability and adequacy of speech pathology services provided by the Commonwealth, state and local governments across health, aged care, education, disability and correctional services;
- the provision and adequacy of private speech pathology services in Australia;
- evidence of the social and economic cost of failing to treat communication and swallowing disorders; and
- the projected demand for speech pathology services in Australia.