The Committee will inquire into the future conduct of elections operating during times of emergency situations. In conducting its inquiry, the Committee shall have particular regard to:
- restrictions arising from a health pandemic;
- access to polling places during times of natural disasters;
- other potential drivers of social restrictions, such as future civil unrest, or international conflict;
- Australia’s emergency election plan;
- the introduction of safety mechanisms; and
- alternative voting methods including early, remote and postal voting.
The Committee will report its findings by 30 June 2021.