The House of Representatives Standing Committee on Health, Aged Care and Sport will inquire into and report on:
- The patient experience in Australia of long COVID and/or repeated COVID infections, particularly diagnosis and treatment;
- The experience of healthcare services providers supporting patients with long COVID and/or repeated COVID infections;
- Research into the potential and known effects, causes, risk factors, prevalence, management, and treatment of long COVID and/or repeated COVID infections in Australia;
- The health, social, educational and economic impacts in Australia on individuals who develop long COVID and/or have repeated COVID infections, their families, and the broader community, including for groups that face a greater risk of serious illness due to factors such as age, existing health conditions, disability and background;
- The impact of long COVID and/or repeated COVID infections on Australia’s overall health system, particularly in relation to deferred treatment, reduced health screening, postponed elective surgery, and increased risk of various conditions including cardiovascular, neurological and immunological conditions in the general population; and
- Best practice responses regarding the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of long COVID and/or repeated COVID infections, both in Australia and internationally.