Inquiry into Biotoxin-related Illnesses in Australia
The Standing Committee on Health, Aged Care and Sport will inquire into and report by 21 October 2018.
- The prevalence and geographic distribution of biotoxin-related illnesses in Australia, particularly related to water-damaged buildings;
- The prevalence of Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS) or biotoxinrelated illness in Australian patients and the treatment available to them;
- The current medical process of identifying biotoxin-related illness in patients and the medical evaluation of symptom complexes attributed to biotoxins and CIRS;
- Any intersection with other chronic diseases;
- Investment in contemporary Australian research to discover and provide evidence of CIRS as a chronic, multisystem disease;
- Research into biotoxin-related illness caused from water damaged buildings; and
- Any related matters.