On 18 March 2021 the Senate agreed:
That the resolution of appointment of the Select Committee on Financial Technology and Regulatory Technology be amended as follows:
- The committee be called the Select Committee on Australia as a Technology and Financial Centre.
- The following additional matters be referred to the committee:
- the size and scope of the opportunity for Australian consumers and business from Australia growing into a stronger technology and finance centre;
- the flow-on employment and economic benefits which accrue to finance and technology centres;
- barriers to the uptake of new technologies in the financial sector;
- new opportunities for Australia as a technology and finance centre arising from the COVID-19 pandemic;
- benchmarking of comparable global regimes with Australia;
- the impact of corporate law restraining new investment in Australia;
- the policy environment facing neo-banks;
- opportunities and risks in the digital asset and cryptocurrency sector; and
- any related matters.
- That the committee present its final report on or before 30 October 2021.
Third Issues Paper
The committee has published a third issues paper to guide submitters. The paper is not intended to be prescriptive. Your submission may go beyond the issues raised in the discussion paper if it is relevant to the terms of reference.
Submissions should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org