Terms of Reference
INQUIRY INTO THE NUMBER OF WOMEN IN AUSTRALIA WHO HAVE HAD
TRANSVAGINAL MESH IMPLANTS AND RELATED MATTERS
- The number of women in Australia:
- who have had transvaginal mesh implants;
- who have had transvaginal mesh implants who have
experienced adverse side effects; and
- who have made attempts to have the mesh removed in Australia or elsewhere.
- Information provided to women prior to surgery about
possible complications and side effects.
- Information provided to doctors regarding transvaginal
mesh implants and possible complications and side effects.
- Any financial or other incentives provided to medical
practitioners to use or promote transvaginal mesh implants.
- The types and incidence of health problems experienced
by women with transvaginal mesh implants and the impact these health problems
have had on women's lives.
- The Therapeutic Goods Administration's:
- role in investigating the suitability of the implants for use in Australia;
- role in ongoing monitoring of the suitability of the implants; and
- knowledge of women suffering with health problems
after having transvaginal mesh implants.
- Options available to women to have transvaginal mesh
Navigation: Previous Page | Contents | Next Page