25 August 2021
© Commonwealth of Australia 2021
View the report as a single document - (PDF 158KB)
This is the second Senate Community Affairs Legislation Committee (committee) report on annual reports for 2021. Under Standing Order 25(20), the annual reports of departments and agencies within the Health Portfolio and Social Services Portfolio, including Services Australia, are referred to the committee for examination and report.
Standing Order 25(20)(f) requires that annual reports tabled by 31 October each year are reported on by the tenth sitting day of the following year, and annual reports tabled by 30 April each year are reported on by the tenth sitting day after 30 June of that year. However for the 2020–2021 reporting year, annual reports of the departments and agencies within the committee's allocated portfolios were tabled in time for consideration in the committee's first report on annual reports for 2021. That report was presented to the Senate on 24 February 2021.1
The committee notes the following documents were presented to the Senate and referred to the committee, between 17 December 2020 and 12 August 2021, which are not required to be examined under Standing Order 25(20):
- Research Involving Human Embryos Act 2002– Report on the operation of the Act from 1 March to 31 August 2020 (tabled 17 December 2020);
- Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency– Quarterly Report for the period July to September 2020 (tabled 21 January 2021);
- My Health Records Act 2012–Report on the operation of the Act (tabled 11 February 2021);
- Independent review of legislative provisions governing the use of restraint in residential aged care – Final Report and Supplementary Volumes 1 & 2 (tabled 1 March 2021);
- Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency– Quarterly Report for the period October to December 2020 (tabled on 4 March 2021);
- Report on the financial assistance to support the Australian Medical Research and Innovation Priorities 2018-20 (tabled 10 June 2021);
- Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency– Quarterly Report for the period January to March 2021(tabled 24 June 2021);
- Research Involving Human Embryos Act 2002–Report on the operation of the Act from 1 September 2020 to 28 February 2021 (tabled on 29 June 2021);
- Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission 2019-20 Annual Report and corrected financial statements – replacement pages (tabled on 15 July 2021);
- Report on the operation and effectiveness of COVIDSafe and the National COVIDSafe Data Store (tabled on 29 July 2021); and
- Australian Sports Commission Corporate Plan 2021-2025 (tabled on 10 August 2021).
Senator Wendy Askew
1 Journals of the Senate, No. 91,
24 February 2021, p. 3187.