Reports on Annual Reports
Section 243 of the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001 sets out the Committee’s duties. These duties include the examination of each annual report that is prepared by a body established under the ASIC Act. These bodies include:
- the Auditing and Assurance Standards Board
- the Australian Accounting Standards Board
- the Companies Auditors and Liquidators Disciplinary Board
- the Corporations and Markets Advisory Committee
- the Financial Reporting Council, and
- the Takeovers Panel.
The Committee periodically reports to parliament on matters relating to these annual reports.
ASIC - Senator Paterson - Annual reports by ASIC Act bodies sent to A-G of each State and Territory - Written question from 2 March 2020 (received 3 March 2020) (PDF 61KB)