On 19 June 2014, the Senate moved that the following matters be referred to the Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport References Committee for inquiry and report by 3 December 2014.
Grain export networks, including the on- and off-farm storage, transport, handling and export of Australian grain, with particular reference to:
- the principles and practices underpinning an efficient grain supply chain from farm-gate to port;
- grain marketing and export arrangements and their impact on farm-gate returns;
- competition constraints on grain transport, storage and handling services;
- the extent to which transport, storage and handling arrangements are transparent and accountable; and
- any other related matter.