The Committee shall examine Australia’s trade and investment relationship with the United Kingdom (UK).
The Committee shall have particular regard to:
- the nature of Australia’s current trade and investment relationship with the UK;
- possible implications for Australia’s trade and investment relationships with the UK and the European Union consequent to the UK’s exit from the European Union;
- barriers and impediments to trade and investment with the UK;
- opportunities to expand trade and investment links;
- the merits and risks of a possible bilateral free trade agreement with the UK, and potential features of such an agreement;
- the role of Australian governments (State, Territory and Federal) in identifying trade and investment opportunities in the UK, and assisting Australian exporters to access these opportunities; and
- any other related matters.