- The committee met in private session on Wednesday, 3 August 2022 at 7.15 pm.
- The committee recommends that—
- the provisions of the Fair Work Amendment (Paid Family and Domestic Violence Leave) Bill 2022 be referred immediately to the Education and Employment Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 1 September 2022 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral);
- the Social Security (Administration) Amendment (Repeal of Cashless Debit Card and Other Measures) Bill 2022 be referred immediately to the Community Affairs Legislation Committee but was unable to reach agreement on a reporting date (see appendix 2 for a statement of reasons for referral); and
- the Social Services Legislation Amendment (Enhancing Pensioner and Veteran Workforce Participation) Bill 2022 be referred immediately to the Community Affairs Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 30 September 2022 (see appendix 3 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee recommends that the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Australian Education Legislation Amendment (Prohibiting the Indoctrination of Children) Bill 2020
- Offshore Petroleum and Greenhouse Gas Storage Amendment (Benefit to Australia) Bill 2020
- Offshore Petroleum and Greenhouse Gas Storage Amendment (Fight for Australia's Coastline) Bill 2022
- Plebiscite (Future Migration Level) Bill 2018
- Treasury Laws Amendment (2022 Measures No. 2) Bill 2022.
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
- Broadcasting Services Amendment (Audio Description) Bill 2019
- Commonwealth Electoral Amendment (Lowering Voting Age and Increasing Voter Participation) Bill 2018
- Customs Legislation Amendment (Commercial Greyhound Export and Import Prohibition) Bill 2021
- Defence Amendment (Parliamentary Approval of Overseas Service) Bill 2020
- Defence, Veterans' and Families' Acute Support Package Bill 2022
- Electric Vehicles Accountability Bill 2021
- Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Amendment (Regional Forest Agreements) Bill 2020
- Federal Environment Watchdog Bill 2021
- Health Legislation Amendment (Medicare Compliance and Other Measures) Bill 2022
- Landholders' Right to Refuse (Gas and Coal) Bill 2015
- Narcotic Drugs (Licence Charges) Amendment Bill 2022
- Snowy Hydro Corporatisation Amendment (No New Fossil Fuels) Bill 2021 [No. 2]
- United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Bill 2022.
- The committee considered the following bill but was unable to reach agreement:
- Australian Human Rights Commission Legislation Amendment (Selection and Appointment) Bill 2022.
4 August 2022
At the end of the motion, add "and, in respect of:
- the Australian Human Rights Commission Legislation Amendment (Selection and Appointment) Bill 2022, the bill not be referred to a committee; and
- the Social Security (Administration) Amendment (Repeal of Cashless Debit Card and Other Measures) Bill 2022, the Community Affairs Legislation Committee report on 31 August 2022".
- Senator Anne Urquhart (Government Whip, Chair)
- Senator Wendy Askew (Opposition Whip)
- Senator Ross Cadell (The Nationals Whip)
- Senator Pauline Hanson (Pauline Hanson's One Nation Whip)
- Senator Nick McKim (Australian Greens Whip)
- Senator Ralph Babet
- Senator the Hon. Anthony Chisholm
- Senator the Hon. Katy Gallagher
- Senator Matt O'Sullivan
- Senator David Pocock
- Senator Paul Scarr
- Senator Tammy Tyrrell
Secretary: Tim Bryant