To inquire and report on the printing standards for documents presented to Parliament, with particular reference to:
- the current level of need for printing standards and scope of their application;
- minimum standards required by the Parliament to ensure the ongoing integrity of access to parliamentary records (including for distribution, long term storage, handling and archiving, and given its custodial role in preserving parliamentary records);
- impacts of Parliamentary printing standards on producing and receiving entities;
- costs of producing Commonwealth documents and value for money;
- the impact on the standards of the Parliamentary Papers Series (PPS) shifting to online-only format from 2017 onwards;
- consequential standards to preserve public access to documents presented to parliament in an online environment (c.f. other Commonwealth accessibility requirements); and
- the practicality of the PPS in an online environment and the functions of the Joint Committee on Publications.