Any matters contained and associated with the following Auditor-General's Reports:
- No. 33 (2019-20) Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency’s Regulation of Higher Education
- No. 47 (2019-20) Referrals, Assessments and Approvals of Controlled Actions under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999
- No. 48 (2019-20) Management of the Australian Government’s Lobbying Code of Conduct — Follow-up Audit
- No. 5 (2020-21) Regulation of the National Energy Market
- No. 8 (2020-21) Administration of Financial Disclosure Requirements under the Commonwealth Electoral Act
On 11 November 2020 having considered recently tabled Auditor-Generals Reports the Joint Committee of Public Accounts and Audit resolved to conduct an inquiry into the above Auditor-General's Reports.
Under section 8(1) of the legislation establishing the JCPAA, the Public Accounts and Audit Committee Act 1951, one of the duties of the Committee is to ‘examine all reports of the Auditor-General (including reports of the results of performance audits) that are tabled in each House of the Parliament’ and ‘report to both Houses of the Parliament, with any comment it thinks fit, on any items or matters in those reports, or any circumstances connected with them, that the Committee thinks should be drawn to the attention of the Parliament’.