The Joint Standing Committee on the National Capital and External Territories will inquire into and report on ways to foster and promote the significance of Australia’s National Capital, including:
- Requirements for the National Institutions to convey a dynamic, representative national story;
- Maintaining the currency and vibrancy of Australia’s national capital as a source of pride and international recognition;
- Raising the profile of Australia’s national capital and its symbolic importance in reflecting the character, values and identity of Australia;
- Consider the importance of Australia’s national capital in highlighting our sporting, cultural and tourism potential; and
- The needs of existing infrastructure and identifying future infrastructure needs to facilitate a), b), c) and d) above.