The Joint Standing Committee on Migration shall inquire into and report on the Working Holiday Maker program, with reference to:
- The purpose of the program including history, size, composition, eligibility, and reciprocal access for Australians and recent changes;
- The value of the program to Australia's economy, including tourism, health care and agriculture sectors;
- The ongoing impact of COVID-19 nationally and internationally on the program;
- The potential economic impacts on regional economies due to the disruptions of access to Working Holiday Makers relied upon especially for the agricultural and tourism sectors; and the capacity, if any, for Australian's made unemployed by COVID-19 to fill the labour shortage;
- The extent to which existing visa criteria and conditions related to Working Holiday Makers are still adequate and appropriate to address the purpose of this program, including cultural exchange and creating job opportunities for Australians;
- The extent to which the program can support economic recovery in regional Australia; and
- Any other related matters.