That a joint select committee, to be known as the Joint Select Committee on Government Procurement, be established to inquire and report by 31 May 2017 on the following matters:
- the Commonwealth procurement framework;
- consideration of the Commonwealth Procurement Rules to come into force on 1 March 2017 (CPR17) and, in particular:
- clauses 10.10, 10.18, 10.30, 10.31 and 10.37 (the 'new clauses'),
- how the new clauses can most effectively be implemented,
- weighting and other mechanisms that should apply to any Commonwealth procurement decision making, taking into account CPR17, and
- its interaction with any other Government policies and programs (including grants), instruments, guidelines and documents relating to procurement, including the Department of Finance's Resource Management Guide No. 415;
- the extent to which CPR17 and any related instrument and rules can be affected by trade agreements and other World Trade Organization (WTO) agreements, including:
- existing trade agreements Australia has entered into, and
- trade agreements that the Commonwealth Government is currently negotiating, including the WTO Agreement on Government Procurement; and
- any related matters.
The Commonwealth Procurement Rules come into force on 1 March 2017 (CPR17) and can be found on the Department of Finance website here.
The Commonwealth Grants and Procurement Connected Policies: Resource Management Guide No. 415 can be found on the Department of Finance website here.