Pursuant to the committee's duties set out in subsection 215(1)(d) of the Law Enforcement Integrity Commissioner Act 2006 the committee will inquire into the integrity of Australia’s seaports and airports borders.
In particular, the committee will consider:
- the nature and extent of corruption risks facing Commonwealth agencies involved in the management of seaport and airport border operations;
- the extent to which Commonwealth law enforcement agencies are able to prevent and investigate corruption at Australian seaports and airports;
- the shared work environment and the effectiveness of joint management arrangements at Australia’s seaports and airports;
- the extent to which the Australian Commission for Law Enforcement Integrity is able to assist in corruption prevention and to successfully investigate or otherwise respond to corruption in border operations;
- the nature and effectiveness of integrity measures, models and legislation adopted by other jurisdictions, for their border operations and high corruption risk agencies;
- any other relevant matters.