Our security responsibilities
We will ensure that:
- The data you give us will be safe.
- Your data will be stored at a secure facility. Regular backups of data are performed to ensure it can be recovered in case of a disaster.
- All access to the system is logged. If any unauthorised behaviour should occur, this will assist us in identifying and resolving the issue.
Increasing your safety online
Protecting your computer
- Install and activate security software on your computer. Ensure your security software includes anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall and anti-spam filter.
- Run regular scans of your computer for viruses.
- Remember to update your security software to ensure you are always running the current version.
Other steps you should take help protect your computer include:
- Check your Internet browser's security settings for ways to make your browsing more secure.
- Do not open email attachments if you do not know the sender.
- Only download files from reputable Internet sites.
- Be wary when exchanging files with colleagues or friends.
- Never click on hyperlinks in emails received from unknown sources.
Protecting your password
- Never share your password with anyone
- Never send your password via email
- Make your password as strong as possible
You should report any suspicious or unauthorised activity relating to your use by . This will help us make aph.gov.au as secure as we can.