Updated 4 September 2014
PDF version [258KB]
Dr John Gardiner-Garden
Social Policy Section
This Quick Guide provides links to:
It also provides links to a range of organisations by art form:
Australian Government agencies, councils and resources
State and territory government websites
See also listings under specific art forms.
Regional arts websites
- Arts Access Australia is the peak national body for arts and disability.
- Arts Law Centre of Australia provides free or low cost specialised legal advice, education and resources to Australian artists and arts organisations across all art forms, on a wide range of arts related legal and business matters.
- The Australian Copyright Council is an independent, non-profit organisation which represents the peak bodies for professional artists and content creators working in Australia’s creative industries and Australia’s major copyright collecting societies.
- Media, Entertainment & Arts Alliance (MEAA)
- National Trust of Australia: is an organisation committed to promoting and conserving Australia's Indigenous, natural and historic heritage.
- Viscopy: Australia and New Zealand's not-for-profit rights management organisation for the visual arts.
International organisations and resources
Websites by art form
Ballet and dance
Museums and galleries
Music and opera
Performing arts education
Dr John Gardiner-Garden, Commonwealth arts policy and administration, Parliamentary Library Background Note no. 7 of 2008–09, May 2009.
© Commonwealth of Australia
With the exception of the Commonwealth Coat of Arms, and to the extent that copyright subsists in a third party, this publication, its logo and front page design are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Australia licence.