What we do
DPS provides services and products to support the functioning of the Australian Parliament, and the work of parliamentarians. Working in collaboration with the Department of the Senate and the Department of the House of Representatives, DPS provides, or facilitates the following:
library and research services
- information and communication technology services
- security services
- building, ground and design integrity services
- audio visual and Hansard services
- art services
- visitor services
- food and beverage services
- retail, health, banking, and childcare services, and
- corporate, administrative and strategic services for DPS.
In planning its activities, the department has separated the distinct elements it covers into the following three strategic themes:
- respond to the changing needs of the Parliament
- enhance the Parliament’s engagement with the community, and
- effective stewardship of Australian Parliament House.
The activities that align to each them are set out in the department’s Corporate Plan.