Pursuant to the committee’s resolution of establishment, particularly paragraphs 2(a), (b), (d), (e), and (f) the committee will inquire into the rollout of the National Broadband Network (NBN) and the performance of nbn co, particularly in relation to:
- the economics of the NBN, including key operational and financial performance forecasts in the Corporate Plan 2020-23;
- current pricing structures, including wholesale pricing, affordability and take-up, particularly as they relate to low-income and rural and regional customers;
- network coverage issues; including reporting of outages planned and unplanned
- the delivery of the business segment strategy, including to enterprise and government customers, and small to medium businesses;
- the experiences of small and medium business in relation to the utilisation, accessibility, customer service and affordability of the NBN;
- compliance with the NBN Statement of Expectations and adequacy of that Statement; and
- any other related matters.
Pursuant to its establishing resolution, the committee was to report on or before 22 July 2020. On 25 March 2020, the Senate granted an extension of time to report until 31 March 2021.
The resolution establishing the committee is available in the Journals of the Senate No. 4 - Monday, 22 July 2019.