The Joint Select Committee on Australia's Family Law System was appointed by resolution of the Senate on 18 September 2019 and resolution of the House of Representatives on 19 September 2019.
Submissions close: 18 December 2019
Reporting date: 30 June 2021
The committee was originally due to present its final report on or before 7 October 2020. On 31 August 2020, both Houses of Parliament agreed to extend the reporting date to 25 February 2021.
The committee tabled its first interim report on 7 October 2020.
The committee tabled its second interim report on 15 and 16 March 2021. The second interim report details the committee's views and recommendations on the family law system. This concludes the committee's inquiry into the family law system.
On 22 and 23 February 2021, the Parliament agreed to extend the presentation of the final report until 30 June 2021. The committee intends that the final report will outline the committee's views and recommendations on the child support system and its interaction with the family law system.
If you or anyone you know needs help, you can contact one of the services below:
- 1800RESPECT on 1800 737 732
- Lifeline on 13 11 14
- Men's Referral Service on 1300 766 491
- MensLine Australia on 1300 789 978
- Kids Help Line on 1800 551 800
- Relationships Australia on 1300 364 277
- Family Relationships Online on 1800 050 321
- Financial Counselling Australia on 1800 007 007
- Emergency services on 000 (triple zero) if you are in immediate danger